Saturday, December 20, 2008

Givenchy Sale

Jomashop is having a sale, but the only things that seem to really be discounted are their Givenchy items. Do people even know about Givenchy anymore? I mean, all I hear people mention are brands like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Juicy Couture, Bottega Veneta, Lanvin. This year really has not been a great year for the fashion house. Anyway, I've always been a fan, but have never been able to buy anything from them because their price ranges about the same as the brands I mentioned. That's why it's so exciting for me to finally own something "luxurious" without actually spending the luxury because I'm very aware of the current economy. Jomashop claims to be a certified luxury goods provider and does not affiliate itself with counterfeit. It has developed a relationship witho Yahoo shopping with a large clientele. We'll see about that.

Givenchy Tan Leather Large Messenger Bag
Retail: $660.00, Sale: $310.00, Final Sale: $178.00
I ended up getting this one because I was in search of the perfect "murse" a.k.a man bag, and this one suddenly appeared. I saw some really cool bags from Raf Simons for Eastpak, Comme des Garcons, Y-3, Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Pringle of Scotland, but they were all so expensive. I then looked for alternative brands like Freitag, Chrome, Jack Spade and just could not see myself with any of them. So after looking for a long time, I actually found what I'm looking for. As of now, I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

Givenchy Brown Leather Messenger Bag
Retail: $720.00, Sale: $324.00, Final Sale: $180.00
This was my second choice. It's a practical bag with very subtle details of luxury. But that being said, for what it's worth, I guess I was expecting more. I mean, it's even more expensive than what I picked.

Givenchy Black Patterned Coated Canvas Messenger Bag
Retail: $520.00, Sale: $234.00, Final Sale: $130.00
I thought about getting this because it was the cheapest Givenchy item there. But the more I looked at it, it reminded me of my mom's Nine West bag. Someone gave it a good review, but it did not change my mind.

Givenchy Gold or Silver Leather Multi-Zip Hobo Bag
Retail: $750.00, Sale: $379.97, Final Sale: $229.97
This is what I love about Givenchy: architectural sophistication. The zippers are all nicely placed. I have a hard time figuring out which one I like better. Normally, I'd say silver because I don't really like the color gold. However, this gold hobo looks pretty damn good.

Givenchy Black Leather 1952 Boston Bag
Retail: $480.00, Sale: $245.97, Final Sale: $149.97

I think this is a miss for Riccardo Tisci, or maybe my expectations are just too high. This bag feels very uninspiring, and kind of looks like every other bag out there.

Givenchy Black or Black & White Medium Wallet
Retail: $610.00/$580.00, Sale: $267.00/$139.00, Final Sale: $145.00/$139.00
Dang, these wallets cost just as the bags. I mean, they look nice, but they shouldn't be as expensive. I also wonder why the black on black one costs more than the black and white one.

Courtesy of Jomashop

No comments:

Post a Comment