Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm so excited award season is back!

I love the Emmys because I have a closer relationship with T.V. than film. It's nice to see my favorite T.V. stars back on the Red Carpet, so I can give some style critiques. There weren't too many disasters, which sucks because that means fashion has kind of plateaued. Anyway, these were my favorite looks of the night:

Mary Louise Parker in Zac Posen
Normally, I would say "don't wear something above the knee after 40," but MLP has still got it. Then again, she's always a little off kilter, and that's why she's one of my favorite actresses. I love how loud that dress is and how demure her hair is. I also love that her shoes glitzed up the whole look rather than her jewelry.

Kristin Chenoweth in Zuhair Murad
She looks absoultely radiant in this shimmering number. I love that she went with her gut to go short because as a petite girl, it made her look taller. I would also like to congratulate her on her Emmy.

Mila Kunis in Monique Lhuillier
I love that she chose this dress because I haven't seen this style dress on the Red Carpet in a while. I love the berry red tone and the "awkward" length of the hem. It's definitely risk-taking.

Sandra Oh in Marchesa
I usually get overwhelmed with the Grecian draping of Marchesa that I overlook some very nice pieces. Sandra looks incredibly statuesque with the tailored silhouette and gold beading yet very easy breezy up top. I also thought the rope was incredibly adorable. This was one of my favorite looks of the night.

Ginnifer Goodwin in Yves Saint Laurent
This girl knows how to stand out. I absolutely love the color. (Actually, to push the envelope, she could've gone a bit more neon). I love the Mia Farrow do and the necklace. I love that she stepped away from looking to romantic.

Drew Barrymore in Monique Lhuillier
Here's someone who looks pretty good when she's romantic-looking. I love the nude pink color and the feathery embroidery on the bottom. She looks very ethereal and honestly, she needs more of that.

Jennifer Carpenter in Zuhair Murad
Wow, what a knockout. I love this dress because it's like a sketch that has come to life with the nude and the black beading. Everything is draped so beautifully. It's what I would call "easy elegance."

January Jones in Atelier Versace
In my opinion, she should win best dressed on the Red Carpet. I love that she took a risk and did it well. Those geometric cutouts surprisingly worked in her favor and gave us some insight on futuristic Red Carpet arrivals. She looks edgy and romantic at the same time. I also love that she decided not to box herself into the wardrobe of Betty Draper.

Here are some others who looked good, but could've done a little tweaking here and there.


Rose Byrne in Valentino
This was practically the most beautiful dress on the Red Carpet. The scattering of the crystals and the volume make this dress perfection. However, when you're wearing such a beautiful dress, she could at least pull that hair back and bask in all her glory.

Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
I would like to like this dress more, but I'm sure it would look better on the ice. The bottom of the dress did not need all that frill because the top is already so interesting. Had it been sleeker on the bottom, it would gotten more raves. While I do like the concept of the design, I know I've seen this at the Winter Olympics before.

Christina Applegate in Basil Soda
Christina seems to always get it right with color. Her choices on dresses, on the other hand, arne't always the best. Now, I actually do like this dress, espcially the cowl neck. However, that beading is way too much. If it was all focused in one place, it would've looked so much more effortlessly elegant. I do appreciate that she's a risk taker on the Red Carpet.

Courtesy of USWeekly, Style

No comments:

Post a Comment