Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm currently on Accutane right now and my lips are always dry and chapped.

Being a drug store junkie, I didn't really want to invest too much money on specialty products. So far, there isn't a lip balm out there that lasts throughout the day, but here are some products I've used. Some were better than others, and surprisingly, the ones I wanted to work, did not.

Blistex Lip Infusion
I really thought I would like this because of the ball applicator, but in the end, it was a disappointment. As soon as I put on the liquid balm, it basically evaporated after a few seconds. Now maybe for regular un-medicated people, this is a good product.

Medicated ChapStick
Nothing works like good ol' Chap Stick. This one is a medicated version, which works quite well. My problem is the packaging. When it's in your pocket and you move, so does the wheel on the Chap Stick. So when I opened it last time, everything was smushed.
Carmex Original Stick
I've used Carmex for many years and it's great for anything mild. I liked it because of the cool menthol feeling it left on your lips. However, right now, it's just not working that well. I have to keep applying it and it's quite messy having to do that.

Burt's Bees Replemishing Lip Balm
As much as I would like to believe that natural/organic things work better, this one doesn't do itself justice. First of all, the packaging is the same as Chap Stick, so the same thing happened. I put it on and felt greasy. What drove me to buy this was that there was pomegranate in it. The antioxidants did nothing for me.

Nivea A Kiss of Moisture
This turned out the be the most effective product for me. My lips absorbed everything right away and became moist. It's like lotion on your lips. Also, the packaging is great because the rotating device is inside, so it's kind of like a glue stick. I'm currently running out, so I'm going to need to get a new one. Anyway, for people on Accutane, I highly recommend this.

Courtesy of Walgreens

No comments:

Post a Comment