Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Martin Margiela, you need to watch your back because Giles & Brother is coming to town.

I love industrial jewelry! It has so much more humor and depth than glitzy bling. Giles & Brother does a great example of showing the beauty in this genre of jewelry. It's a diffusion line named for the brother and sister team behind the rapidly growing Philip Crangi Jewelry empire.

Tiny Safety Pin Necklace $75.00
The safety pin epitomizes the Punk movement, and the simple little motif says it all. Of course, if you don't want to pay 75 bucks for this, it calls for a D.I.Y. project!

Tiny Key Earrings $65.00
Here's an adorable pair of earrings. I don't recommend D.I.Y.-ing these because the weight of real keys might have an impact on your ears.

Railroad Spike Ring $65.00
Ah, the ring made of a nail. I personally like the Margiela one more because I like the closed shape and the antique silver coloring.

Wide Script Cuff $250.00
This cuff is like having a tattoo without having one. The beautiful calligraphy-like pattern would wrap wonderfully on someone's wrist.

Emerald Cut Necklace $625.00

I want this necklace! The non-existent gems make it so endearing because of the illusional effect. For me, humor and irony are very important, especially in a serious world of fashion.

Courtesy of Giles & Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment