Friday, March 12, 2010

Guess why I was floored?


I met my "role model" who isn't much of one really. Chelsea Handler has finally made it big, and people are beginning to understand that just because you're entitled, you don't always get what you want. It doesn't matter who you are, she will definitely put you in your place. You can always count on her to point out the obvious and go against what is "politically correct." Chelsea's late night talk show, Chelsea Lately, and books have helped me through many tough times these past few years. It was the main constant in my life in the sense that no matter what happened on that day, I could always find some time for laughter.

I'm so glad she chose to do a book signing at Books Inc., an independent book store. Also, I had the fortune of having connections because my friend worked there. The line to meet her took forever to get through, but when it was almost my turn, I was having mental panic attack. I wasn't sure what to say or if I would say anything stupid, so when it was finally my turn, I was in utter shock. She pointed out the Ms. Pacman pin that I had made and said "It's cute, but is that for me? Fans make things for me, but they never give them to me," so I gladly handed it over. She wore it for the rest of the book signing, and wrote the funniest thing in my book (see above). Her camera guy, Johnny Kansas asked me to come over and do an interview. I vaguely remember what I said...something about being her target audience because I'm gay, Asian, and really random; they also had me sign a waiver. I'm a bit nervous now because I don't want one of my weird afterthoughts to be broadcasted. Anyway, I'm just glad I got to share an exchange with her. I'm sure there will be more to come.

1 comment: