Thursday, February 11, 2010

How could this happen?

Lee Alexander McQueen, March 17, 1969 – February 11, 2010

If you pay attention to this blog, you'll notice that I have a bias towards Alexander McQueen because he is my favorite designer. Now, he is all but a legend because was found dead today. I am particularly frustrated and heartbroken because he was and still is my favorite designer. He was the reason why I was interested in fashion design. This summer, I was even planning to fly to London to intern at his company, but now that all seems pointless. The worst part is that he was only 40 and could have prevented his death. Apparently, he committed suicide, which is the worst form of dying because it could've been prevented. I will never understand his torment, but I am angry that he gave up on life that easily. He still had so much to offer the world that I feel like he cheated us. I know it's unfair for me to be so selfish about all of this, but the world just lost a fucking genius. Despite everything I had just said, R.I.P., Lee.

Courtesy of Hendrik Kerstens

No comments:

Post a Comment